Sunday, May 27, 2018

Superhero Themed



With the new school year approaching me very quickly; I am putting together my Superhero Themed classroom.  This year I am going to be moving up to 1st grade with most of my Kindergartners from last year (YAY!!).  

I began my journey by finding some basic classroom decor.  I altered my word wall set for the Superhero theme.  Although it is posted for Kindergarten I am using it for my 1st grade classroom.

Superhero Word Wall
I also created & found some fun miscellaneous classroom decor for my Superhero Classroom.

Name Tags
Classroom Signs

My student love any activity that is interactive and incorporates technology.  I created a fun "Signal Spelling" activity to go along with my Superhero theme.  

For this activity:

1. Print out the ABC mat for each student (I would recommend laminating also).

2. Make signals (I used yellow pipe cleaners)

3.  Edit the following slides with your words.

4. Project the slides and have the students use their signals to spell their words.
Signal Spelling

No comments:

Post a Comment